Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And Then There Were None -Agatha Christie #3

The novel is slowly starting to come together in chapter 3. Everyone in the house went into one room, and a voice came out into the silence. This voice went on to tell what everyone had in common. It turns out that everyone in the room was once charged with murder.

I'm assuming that they were not caught. Or they were charged unfairly in a trail.
Now that we know what they all have in common, we have to find out why they are all there and who is the "master planner" for this.

You can tell that what the voice was saying about the characters was true because they all were getting nervous. They all were asking who was that speaking, and they were all trying to plead their case. You can kind of tell when someone is lying, because after hearing the shocking truth, that person immediately tries to plead their case to persuade your opinion on them.

If I were one of the guests, I would be really nervous after hearing all of the disturbing information. I would then know that I was not there for what the "letter" said, but for something else. I then would assume that someone was going to die. I would just make sure that, that someone was not going to be me!

Anthony Marston just died by choking on his drink. The poem states: "Ten little Indian boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine."
I think this is an example of irony. The author emphasized the poem in the beginning, and the first death just happened to match up with the poem.

No comments: