Thursday, December 20, 2007

And Then There Were None -Agatha Christie #5

There are many different conflicts in this novel. The number one conflict is that no one knows who the killer is. It could either be someone hiding on the island, or one out of the ten strainers in the house. The only thing is the island is but so big. With it being an island, surrounded by nothing but water, and very hard to escape and a storm out side. I would think it would be very hard to hide. What makes the entire situation even freakier is, the people that are left on the island (or that are still alive on the island) walked around together to search if anyone (other than them) where on the island. And the scary thing is, they were the only people and the only house on the island. So, this means the killer has to be with in. This is really a huge mind game that the killer is mastering in!
At this point I would be so very scared! I don't know what I would do in this situation?....I probably would be the one to kill everyone left on the island to guarantee my life, but I don't know?

Obviously the characters in this novel have many qualities. They are cruel, angry, dishonest, and vengeful. All of the characters are being dishonest toward each other. (Remember: in the beginning, the voice that revealed every ones secret past of the murders they were responsible or convicted for). The killer is cruel, angry, vengeful (over something), and very dishonest. The killer has to be one of the stringers on the island, because if not, then who is? So, once the killer is revealed than that shows all of those qualities, especially being dishonest. But its not like he was going to confess to his victims that he was the killer.

I did not have to force myself to read this book because I wanted to find out what was going to happen to these characters on this mysterious (deadly) island.
I really did enjoy this book. I would also recommend it to my friends. If you like twisted murder mysteries, than this book is just right for you! Oh, and wait till you get to the end of the book. You will be so surprised, the ending is really good! Everything just falls right into place. The whole thing will make perfect sense.....I think the ending is what really what made me enjoy the book even more.

1 comment:

ASHLEY said...

The book you have read sounds very interesting the way you describe ther book makes me want to read and also because i like mystery books but the one funny thing about your blog is when you said you would kill evryone else on the island to make sure your life was safe a question wouldn't that make you a killer to and wouldn't you be lonely all one that island by your self think about ot the best solution i think was to collect all the clues and see who it points to then keep them captive or kill them if you feel your in alot more danger.but your blog was very interesting and i would like to read the book cause other than you made it sound good you said it caught you at the beginnig of the book and i love books that catch my attention right when i jump into the story. Hopefully i made sense.