Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Clover-by Dori Sanders

The thing that is so unique about the setting is that it took place in South Carolina with peach farmers, textile workers, drunks and crazy people, with newly middle class along with terminally poor.Now where I'm from (Buffalo,N.Y.) there's a few drunks,crazy people, middle class and the poor. But there is no peach farmers and every thing I named that I found unique about the setting is all going on kind of at the same time. This novel was written in 1990. I think this novel would still be a good book to read decades from now.I think this book could be a book that was written now in this time because there is still peach farming, textile working, drunks, crazy people, fireflies and that good old southern accent going on down in South Carolina. People around the time when this book was written had good moral values and was very appreciative and its still kind of like that down there but not as much as it use to be.

No comments: