Friday, April 11, 2008

Why do people kill?

I first understood what murder was when I watched Law in Order Special Victims Unit or Criminal Intent. The Special Victims Unit is sexually heinous crimes that take place in the city of New York and Criminal Intent is just straight out bloody murders that crimes have to get solved and criminals have to get caught. When I was a young girl I wanted to be a cop and put criminals away and help people but now after watching this show I know I'm to emotional and can't handle it. So I'm going to be a nurse and help the victims and leave the criminals to the professionals. I tried to put myself in the murderer's place and imagine myself doing the mutilation to see whats so exciting about murder. But I can't do it, it's to much for my imagination to handle.

Since I couldn't get this crucifying image in my head and looked up research and theres many different reasons why. And with some cases there just unexplainable. Some cases the murderer was abused as a child by an attic parent/s. And at other times they was just neglected as children and unwanted so there parents abused them and take out there anger from the day out on there kids. Sometimes they were sexually abused and they grow up taking it out on the world. But some people are just sick and was born a natural killer. Speaking of born a natural killer there was a movie called "Born a Natural Killer" and it was a crazy movie but to make a long story short it was a girl who lived in a normal household as it seemed she lived with both parents and had a baby brother and her father abused and raped her almost everyday till one day she wanted to go to a concert he told her no and told her to go upstairs and wait for him. Well while he was eating dinner she snuck off with the meat delivery man and they fell in love but they were really crazy and he got abused by his alcoholic father and every time they get visions of what they're parents did to them they go off and kill someone. Crazy right? well if you think I'm making this up do some research and see how crazy I am.

Seeing this movie and doing all the research i did made me wonder about all the abused children around the world and had me thinking how they have no one but those abusive parents. And how they might be our future killers. But if we find someway to help them maybe we can stop this. Yes, we can that's why there are commercials and secret hot lines to help these children and I hope it helps because I would hate to be in their shoes!

No comments: