Monday, April 14, 2008

Why i became interested in becoming a Registered Nurse

Our English class is doing research on questions that we are interested in knowing. I am interested in knowing if a Registered Nurse something i want to become.Reese, you can get rid of this first part. This next sentence is a stronger opening. I started thinking about becoming a registered nurse when i was 10years old. I was on a drill team and we use to go to this nursing home and talk to the workers and we did activites with the residents. While taking these trips to the nursing home every other weekend i was beginning to think my mind was made up of what i want to be. I was talking to this one registered nurse every time i went and she was giving me some information and showing me some of the tools they use and explaining what they are used for. The why she was explaining made the job seem easy and fun. But i was only ten years old at the time so what she was saying to me was kinda letting me know this is what i want to do but then again i wasnt so sure i still had some doubts. I knew i had years to think about it so i didnt let that get to me so much.

There are somethings i know about this and alot of things i need to know before i know if this is what i want to become. I know that you give the residents there shots if you become a registered nurse and you work in a nursing home. If you work at like a doctors office you take the patient blood pressure get there height and weight. I dont really know to much about being a registered nurse thats why this question is important to me. I know im able to pick the hours i am able to work. The registered nurse at my doctors office told me that if i plan on going to college for four years i should move away because when you attend college for four years you are suppose to make more money than you would if you attend for two years but she said they pay you the same amount if you go for two or four years.

I have alot of people that deal with residents or patients in my family and that also help me make up my mind about what i want to become. Worknig at Garden Gate Health Care Facility also make me think is this were i want to be working for the rest of my working days. This how i became confused about working in a nursing home or in a doctors office. So 'Is A Registered Nurse something i want to become' is the question i want to know because i have only a few months before i attend college.

No comments: