Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Do you believe in capital punishment?

Blog #4
5/21/08

Interview with Elyse Woods.
Q1- What do you think should happen to homicide killers and do you think they deserve capital punishment?





A1-Elyse: I believe in sentencing to life in prison. I rather have you sit there in think about what you did. Rather than than the death sentence, because if your in a gang death isn't a concern or fear to you.




Q2-Why do you think people commit homicide?




A2-Elyse: I think that criminals do the the things they do because the way their brought up and how they were treated when they were young.




Q3-Why do you think people commit suicide?





A3-Elyse: Because the way people treated them and their depressed and feel unworthy.





Q4-Do you know how long people get for commiting homicide>?





A4-Elyse: Yes, 25 to life.





Q5-What do you think be going through the killers mind while he's killing?





A5-Elyse: I think they're mind just be going blank. They get to that crazy stage and go insane. I think it's a satifaction for them something that nums their pain inside?





Q6- Do you think a killer can be changed?





A6-Elyse:Yes, because the dude that started the crips changed his life around and published children books and tried to talk to yuong gang members but he still sentenced death.

My opinion on my first question is no I don't believe in capital punishment because they're just getting out the easy way theredore they shoukd suffer every night they go to sleep they should think about every murder they ever commited every excrusiating detail of it and think about what pain they caused the family of those murder victums family. For my next question I don't completely understand why these people do such a terrible thing but I kind of have an clue. They grow up in such a terrible home where no one cares or show love for these poeople so when they murder people they treat them the same way they were treated and they do it with out thinking twice unless they feel they did something wrong. And for suicide victums I feel so bad for them because they feel no one understands them or care about them and they're depressed all the time. There are people out there that care about them they just don't show them enough and if they can't find help from that person they can definetly find it some where else but death is not the answer. No and yes. No because I think once a killer always a killer but elyse has kind of given me a yes mind on that with the brief story she told.

Interview done By: Delicia Jones.

No comments: