Thursday, May 22, 2008

Will it pay off after going through alot in college

Blog#4
So the next thing i want to know in my research is how much money you make a year. I know this sound like I'm in it just for the money but I'm not I'm actually interested in becoming a registered nurse. I have a lot in mind that i want in my life as i get older so i have to know how much money I'm looking at. I'm not going to change my career because of what they make a year but I'm defiantly going to find out the amount. I was told that they make somewhere between 23-35 dollars a hour in buffalo which i don't think is bad. I was also told if i plan on leaving after i get my degree that might be the best choice because you make more money and I'm looking forward to living a good life so I'm going to have to look into that to make sure its the right information. I also know that if you attend college for 4years you can make more than a person who went to college for a 2year degree. I'm going to say that sounds about right because you should make more seeing that you did attend college longer. I did research and
it depends on where and what type of nursing. A staff nurse starts off in the hospital making about $18,000 a year. As a traveler, you will make about $30,000 a year. But it is said that some people clear over $100,000 a year, but on average about 35,000-40,000("Salary and pay rates"). So now i know how much they make and I'm willing to continue on with my search I don't have a problem with the amount they make. I also think I'm going to travel since they make more money and i wanted to travel once i got my life together anyway so this is working out for me.

"How much does a nurse earn." Salary and pay rates. 22 May 2008 http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_nurse_earn

3 comments:

delicia08 said...

I kind of agree Reese but all I want to know is why is college so expensive. And is it going to pay off when we go out and go into the real world and im pretty sure were not going to waste our time. Just like were about to be highschool graduates we re going to be college graduates also.

big_kat said...

I also had that question in mind " will it pay off after going through alot in college" the answer i came up with was yes it will pay even though most colleges cost alot at least you have a goal. And most of the time people get financial aid that you don't have to pay back, and peope thatgo to college mostlikely make more money in life.

william said...

Will it pay off after going through alot in college. I think it would pay off in the long run because a company would take some one with a collage or a high school degree then some one that drop out and never went ot school.
cory moser