Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What is homicide?

Post #3

what is homicide?

In my opinion, homicide is an art to killers. You know how theres always a story behind an painting? Theres always an story behind an murder. Crazy, weird, and sad stories. Ones that really make no sense or something you could of work out. Homicide is an sad story to people lives who once lost a loved one. soomeone dear and close to them. There is some where in the human mind that is like a bomb and as soon as it is lit someones bound to get hurt or shall I say murdered. Homicide I think is scary just imagine what the victum is thinking right before they're about to die.

Homicide is the killing of one person by another. At common law, homicide is classified in three ways:

Justifiable homicide, which is commanded or authorized by law, such as the act of a police officer killing an armed suspect who is shooting at him, excusable homicide, for which there is a legal defense, such as the act of a person shooting an armed intruder in his own home, and criminal homicide which is divided into many different categories.
In my research I found out that in 2002 there were 16,204 homicides in the United States. African Americans are six times more likely to be victims and seven times more likely to commit homicide than Caucasians. Now thats sad and the news say it's either domestiv violence or gang violence. As I went deeeper into my research it stated that about three quarters of the victims are males, and about ninety percent of offenders are males. One-third of murder victims and almost half the offenders are under the age of 25. That mean they havn't even got a chance to experience there own life these are very scary facts and they need to be taken seriously and clearly states that there is a need for early intervention. I want to send a big and clear message to these insane people. You must really don't have a life to really stand there and take someone elses.

Each state in the United States decides what the punishment is for homicide and what degree it is. The degree is considered the severity of the crime. For example in New Hampshire is it broken down like this:
1. Capital murder-punishable by death.
2. First degree murder-which is a mandatory life sentence.
3. Second degree murder-punishable by any term up to life.
4. Manslaughter-punishable for a term not to exceed more than 30 years.
5. Negligent homicide-punishable by three and a half to seven years in jail.

Each state has the right to decide how homicide is classified and what elements make a crime a homicide. This is one of the reasons the judicial process can be so confusing. There are a lot more difficulties prosecuting a crime when more then one state is involved. My next question is do you think thhese people desrve capital punishment.

"Homicide - what is it?." Free Advice 21 May 2008 .

4 comments:

Reece B. (Maurice) said...

i think homicide is a murder scene that hasn't been solved right then and there. i personally would never want to be involved in a homicide. but i have to say i really enjoy your topic and you have some very strong points.

Elyse2008 said...

I really liked how you started you post "In my opinion". I can emeaditly hear your voice and know that your post is your thoughts. I could never be apart of any type of murder, no matter what side of the fense I was on.

anthonyw said...

I see that your topic is on homicide it is an very strong subject, and to go along with you have very strong point of views. I evaluated your blog and I haven't detected any grammar errors good revising. Reading your blog I thought that I would find the difference between an homicide and a murder but I didnt but in your next blog you should explain. Overall you did an excellent job keep them coming.

Reese S said...

I like how the way u started off your blog. I never looked at it that way but its sound right.