Friday, May 16, 2008

Finding the right college to attend

Blog:#3
The next thing i want to research is a college to attend. I kinda know what college i want to go to because everybody keep saying that's the best nursing school in buffalo. The idea of it being in buffalo makes me really want to attend because I'm not trying to leave buffalo. The college is Trocaire. Its a private college which means that's more money but i don't know exactly whats its going to cost to attend so i have to do some research on that just in case i have to attend somewhere else to get a degree in nursing. Its a two year college which is good for me because i can't be in school that long not saying that in a bad way. I just like to sleep alot. But anyways back to the college information. One thing about Trocaire college is if I feel I want to keep going after two years and get a higher degree i can because trocaire have transfer agreements. I went and searched some information on the college and i wanted to see what people where saying is true. According to the site i went on you should choose trocaire for nursing because there is flexible scheduling, individual attention, dedicated faculty, hands-on experience, state-of-the-art labs, and small clinical groups. Just from this information i want to attend so far but i cant say I'm going there yet because i have to find out the cost and requirements to attend the school. I found out the requirements to attend.
I need a high school average of 85% or better and I don't meet that standards so hopefully i meet another requirement that will help me become a registered nurse. I needed to take Math 1, Biology, and Chemistry while in high school. I did not take Chemistry so right now its not looking to good for me. All candidates for the Nursing program must take the Accuplacer test and the TEAS test.
-Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab is a pre-professional requirement that must be successfully completed prior to the first semester's nursing course work.
Minimum Degree Requirements:
-A total of at least 67 semester hours with a Quality Point Average of 2.0
*A minimum grade of "C" (2.0) is required in all courses. A “C-” is not acceptable.
(Nursing-Day )
All of this I have to accomplish. It seems like alot but I'm willing to meet those requirements to become a nurse. I also have to be ready to spend long hours studying and memorizing scientific information. Ready to learn about ethical issues related to terminal illness and death. I will be gaining my credit for college by working in hospitals and health institutions. I think im ready for this part and thats college. Now im ready to find out whats next.

"Trocaire college." Nursing-Day 22 May 2008 http://www.trocaire.edu/programs/nursing/nursing_day.html

2 comments:

Elyse2008 said...

I really like how you can see what your doing step by step in your research. You sound really intrested and determined in your posts.

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.