Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Moving forward with my search

Blog:#2
So as i started my search on is becoming a registered nurse something for me i wanted to find out exactly what is a registered nurse first before i can do anything. So i went to Google.com typed in registered nurse and found out that its a health care professional responsible for implemeting the practice of nursing through the use of the nursing process. i found this information on ("Registered nurse"). But this is not enough information to make my mind up yet. I said to myself I need more details on a registered nurse so i scrolled down the page. I found out that if you become a registered nurse in a hospital you have a big part because you are assigned a supervisory role to look over the work performed by LPNs and unlicensed assistive(nursing assistants) and you are holded responsible for the patient safety and care. I thought to myself after finding this piece of information, do I want it to be my part if a LPN or Nurse assistant mess up on a patient. But after I thought about it I said hey why not give it a try, they just might know what there doing and actually be good at it. So this issue I'm going to put past me and move forward with my search.

OK so I found out what a registered nurse is now i need to know what is their actual job description. I know they take care of sick people but i also just found out they take care of injured people to. To do this they run tests on the sick person to see what was the thing that caused them to become ill. Not only do they treat patients they also educate them on how to take care of their families and their self. Their daily jobs depends on the work setting. That sounds like something I'm looking forward to do because me personally I dont like doing the samething over and over again I like to try new things. If their job duty for the day is to provide direct care to a patient, they observe, assess, and record symptoms. My mind is made up so far so im going to continue on with my search.

"Registered nurse." Wikipedia. 16 May 2008 .

No comments: