Monday, May 12, 2008

The Hard Part...Finding More Info

Right now I'm having the hardest time trying to find information on my topic. It seems as if I'm going in circles, and I keep coming across the same information, or information that is irrelevant to my topic. So, now I am just typing in different key words, searching for something that would I would be able to use. But, even when typing in key words (using quotes) I still am having the hardest time finding what I am looking for. In my research I want to know: How does the brains thought process for adventure work?


Since I'm not having too much luck with my research on my topic, I decided I will interview my best friend (who is my age) and his father (who is like my father). They both ride motorcycles, and I've known my best friend since we were 11 years old (were now 18 years old). As long as I've known my best friend Terrelle, he has always been the dare devil type. With me always being around him, that's what made us close, because I was the same way.


Now what is funny is Terrelle and I are just a like. We both like to have fun and dare to be different. But when it comes to my little brother Cameron (who is 16 years old) and I, we are like night and day. I'm the adventurous one who likes to have fun at any risk. Cameron is just stiff/uptight, I think he's boring, but he's just not like Terrelle and I. Ever since we were little, I was the adventurous one, and my brother Cameron was the scared one.


So, I really want to know what makes Terrelle and I so different form my little brother Cameron? Why is Cameron so scared to have fun, and Terrelle and I are always doing something that we can look back on and laugh about?
But then again what is adventure? And what is fun? They both have different levels of excitement. But what triggers that excitement?



For part of my research I interviewed my best friend, Terrelle Marrow.


Q: How old were you when you started riding motorcycles?
A: "I started riding at 7 years old."


Q: What/ who got you started riding motorcycles?
A: "My father, and always being around motorcycles growing up."


Q: Have you ever feared riding?
A: "For about a week after my motorcycle accident I was in, but no."


Q: What else do you do that can be adventurous?
A: "Just riding."


Q: What was the first "dare devil" thing you did that was adventurous?
A: "I jumped off my grandmother's roof when I was younger."


Q: Do you think you have your own sense of adventure, or do you get it from your Dad?
A: "No, because my Dad is more laid back. I don't know where I get it from."


Q: What do you fear the most?
A: "Spiders."


Q: Do you think of yourself as an adventurous person?
A: "Yes."


"I think it's [adventure] a faddish to see how far you can push your self."




Marrow, Terrelle. Personal Interview. 20 May, 2008.





No comments: